Vietnam Vet Cheats Death from Bacterial Lung Infection

This is the story of Bill, a Vietnam vet in his 60s, living in the Fullerton CA area, and his wife Susan.  Susan rushed Bill to the hospital last September with pain in his groin.  He was diagnosed with a bladder infection and sent home.  Bill was put on Levofloxacin, a strong antibiotic, for two weeks, was ill through October, and could barely walk by the end of October. He went to work, but could only lay on a couch after work, not strong enough to do anything else.

Finally in early November he passed out in a bathroom, hitting his head on the floor. On November 11th his primary care doctor, at the end of a visit, insisted he get a chest X-ray on the way home. He did that, and upon leaving the imaging facility, was stopped and told that his lungs were black, he probably had TB, and that he should go immediately to the hospital.  They would not let Susan and Bill leave without wearing masks, as it was thought that Bill could be contagious.

This was a good-sized regional hospital, where he would end up spending 5 days. He was diagnosed with Bullae lung disease, a rare form of lung disease. The pulmonary doctor involved said he had seen only 8 cases of Bullae Lung Disease in 39 years of practice. It causes large bubbles (Bullae is French for bubble) to form in the lungs, making it difficult to expel air completely.

To complicate matters even more, one large bubble (the size of a man’s clenched fist) and several smaller ones were all filled with pus.  They were afraid to biopsy to determine the bacterial source, because of the risk that some of the pus infection could spill out and migrate to other parts of his body.  By the end of day 1, the only solution on the table was to remove the infected left lung.

It should be noted that, although he was never a sick person, Bill was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam as the pilot of a Medevac rescue helicopter, had a woodworking business in San Diego County for 15 years where he was continually exposed to fumes from stains and varnishes, and to a lot of wood dust. He also worked in an industry for a number of years that generated a lot of paper dust.  In addition, the air in Fullerton where they lived was of poor quality, with particle smog never clearing out, but blowing back and forth overhead. So there were several possible contributors to the source of his propensity to having lung disease.

Quickly, Bill was the talk of the hospital! Several doctors and other medical professionals were amazed that anyone could possibly have such an advanced infection AND a life-threatening lung disease and not know he even had it until the day he walked in the door. As you might expect, there were many visitors to his room, as they were all curious to see this phenomenon.

On that 2nd day, the top surgeon there, who was an Iraq vet, minced no words with Bill. After assuring him that he was the best surgeon there was for this type of surgery, he emphasized that nevertheless Bill’s chances for survival were very slim. “You might survive the surgery,” Susan remembers the surgeon saying, “but with your immune system so compromised, it’s not likely you would survive the recovery.”

Plans were put in place for the surgery anyway, since it seemed to be the only hope despite the small chance of recovery, and he was moved to the surgical floor on the 3rd day. As you’d expect, the spirits of Bill and Susan were about as down as you could imagine. After all, he’d been given what amounted to a death sentence!

At this point, an angel enters the story … in the form of a new doctor.  Susan describes him that way at any rate, claiming he was a lot like the Cary Grant character Dudley, who was an angel in the movie The Bishop’s Wife. He told Bill that his partner would no longer be on his case, and he would take over.

He was very supportive and comforting, pointing out calmly that since there was little chance of Bill’s surviving surgery, it would be a better solution to sterilize the lung. He persuaded the surgeon and the infectious disease doctor that this was the best course of action, and on the 4th day the sterilization plans were made.  He was discharged on the 5th day, to either die or survive Susan recalls, but he was to stay on an array of strong antibiotics until the infection had cleared.

Early in the 5th month, March, the doctor said he could “try” to go off the antibiotics  At the onset, infection markers in Bill’s case were off the charts and eventually moved down into the 200 range, whereas 20 is the normal range for a healthy person. The doctor told Bill and Susan that he would probably never get down into the 30s even under the best scenario.

There was nevertheless continued improvement, to 120, the 90, then 80 …. but then back to 97. Bill had lost 35 pounds, and was a slim person to start with. He and Susan were devastated, but then a March reading of 68, down from 87, cheered them. Bill had gained some weight, gone back to work, and was to come back in three months, but of course they should call immediately in case of any fever.

This was a reprieve, but there was a problem with the strength and side effects of the drugs Bill was taking. They were a category referred to as quinolones; long-term use can be debilitating.  Bill was anxious to get off them, which he did in early March.  However, several weeks later symptoms of  coughing and fever returned.  Another setback — and so the antibiotic CIPRO was administered for two weeks.  Three weeks off the antibiotics, coughing developed, and although Bill was getting pure food and supplements, he was coughing more, became pale and developed a fever.  Susan identified a repeating pattern; it seemed like things were going in reverse!  She knew that even the thought of needing another round of CIPRO would be a devastating blow for Bill.

At that time, Susan heard about Precious Waters Nanosil 10 from a friend and, call it women’s intuition or whatever, she had a very strong hunch that it would help. Bill, however, was at the end of his rope and refused to try anything new.  So convinced was Susan that the nanosilver would help, though, that in early May she ordered three bottles and started putting a teaspoon in his morning coffee and evening water without his knowing it. Seeing improvement, she then increased that to a tablespoon, several times a day.

Bill started to feel better, so she told him on the 9th day about the nanosilver, and they agreed he should keep taking it, despite the fact that Bill was also experiencing some symptoms commonly associated with “cleansing” of the body (diarrhea, cramps and gas pains) when toxins are being killed and expelled.  Since the “cleansing” side effects were not better after an additional two weeks, he decided to go off the silver.  The increase in coughing came back almost instantly.  Susan ordered 10 more bottles of Nanosil 10 nanosilver and convinced him to take a reduced amount of 1 teaspoon a day.

Within 2 days of starting that regimen, the coughing stopped and there was no more fever. She then increased the amount of nanosilver to 2 teaspoons 2 times a day. Bill stopped taking everything else, including some raw food shakes and veggies he’d been taking.  There have been no more “cleansing” side effects!

So what’s the conclusion? Well, in late June Bill had new chest  x-rays taken and his bloodwork done.  They got the results that week from a smiling doctor. The infection blood marker count (never estimated to reach the 30s)?  An amazing 33!!!!!!

The x-rays? Where it had once been filled with pus, the Bullae bubble no longer appears to be infected! And where originally it appeared the disease had also spread to the healthy right lung, it now looked 100% healthy. All indications were that the damaged lung had improved so much, Bill did not need to come back for another checkup for 6 months!

Might someone with a different type of lung disease infer from this story that they could possibly experience improvement also? Well, remember that no claims are ever made for Precious Waters brand Nanosil 10. It is FDA approved as a dietary supplement only.

That said, if the disease is caused by a pathogen, a virus, bacteria or fungus, we do have the results of tests done at Brigham Young University mentioned in the previous post, showing that it is not toxic and effectively kills harmful pathogens, and we have the tests done decades ago by pioneering researcher, surgeon and author Robert O. Becker, MD, where he determined that silver ions were the only metal-based ions that killed pathogens at certain voltage levels, while not harming healthy tissue.

We also have the results of clinical trials in Kenya, the recent medical experiments showing that silver can make antibiotics many times more effective, and all the anecdotes on this blog and the older blog to which there is a link from this blog.

Taking all this into consideration, each person will make his or her own decision. That’s as it should be. Perhaps in the distant future clinical trials might be conducted using nanosilver for treating some serious diseases, and it might be approved by the FDA for some of them.

But until then, all anyone can do is consider the evidence, and if they conclude they have little to lose, they can try it, hoping for the same happy coincidence others have experienced when they took Nanosil 10 and also recovered at the same time. But they need to remember, no matter how many anecdotes pile up, no claims and no cause/effect relationship is claimed!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: